free stuff from the SF Chronicle
The first rule of Fight Club applies to lots of things: if too many people know about a cool thing it’ll get spoiled. So let’s just keep this between us, okay?
If you are a subscriber to the San Francisco Chronicle, you can also sign up for Chronicle membership. They have spiffy events that are open to members, either by just signing up or entering a drawing. These are some of the offers Tom and I have taken advantage of recently:
- advanced screening of Big Hero 6 (go see it!)
- tour of the Chronicle newsroom (biggest thrill: meeting columnists Matier & Ross. least impressive: the editor of the newly combined Food & Home sections)
- preview party for the SF car show (food, drink & live music)
- a fairly rare chance to see the “old” Mint on Sixth Street and take a tour
- free dress rehearsal tickets to Peter & the Starcatcher
- another movie screening, for Angelie Jolie’s Unbroken
- a free year’s membership to the Museum of the African Diaspora
So if you’re a subscriber, just do this! It makes your subscription so much more valuable because, let’s face it, the paper itself often leave a lot to be desired.
We can’t recommend a visit to the Old Mint highly enough. It’s only open for a few hours on Sundays.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)